Four functions of choline in the organic metabolism and the growth of animals and poultries
1. Choline can be transferred into betaine and provides unsteady methyl or formed methionine combined with homocysteine.
2. As an important component of lecithin, choline plays an important role in the prevention of tibial dyschondroplasia of poultries and limb expansion of pigs.
3. Choline can promote fat transport in lecithin form or prevent abnormal fat accumulation by improving fatty acids utilization rate of the livers, thus it plays a key role in liver fat metabolism.
4. It participates in neural conduction. Choline is the precursor of a neurotransmitter named acetyl choline and an important component of serums sphingomyelin. Choline chloride has significant effectiveness on promotion the growth and development of animals and poultries, improvement of meat and eggs qualities, and reduction of feedstuff consumption.
Application of Betaine Hydrochloride, Betaine HCL
1. Methyl donor
Betaine hydrochloride, betaine HCL can be used as methyl donor to provide methyl. As an efficient methyl donor, betaine hydrochloride, betaine HCL can replace part of methionine and choline chloride which are used to supply methyl in body, thus lowering the feed cost. The methyl supplying efficiency of betaine hydrochloride, betaine HCL is 50%, which is 1.8 times than choline chloride and 2.6 times than methionine.
2. Participating in lipometabolism
It can participate in lipometabolism and promote the synthesis of protein. Adding betaine hydrochloride, betaine HCL in the pig feed can increase the loin eye area, reduce the thickness of backfat, and improve the lean meat percentage and the carcass quality. Adding betaine hydrochloride, betaine HCL in the chicken feed can improve the carcass quality and the breast muscle, reduce the deposition of abdominal muscle and lower the feed conversion ratio.